Sunday, June 21, 2009

This is why I became a blogger!!

Let me devote my first post to the reasons I have decided to become a blogger. It’s not that I think that I’m smarter than others or that I have anything special to say. Neither am I an idealist that thinks that by keeping a blog, I can save the world and in the end everything will be fine and dandy. NO!

My real motives are simple, actually. I'm sick and tired of people around Bahrain! Just because you have an internet connection doesn't mean you know what’s best for the country. But, oh well!! Americans love to say: if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Therefore, I, ladies and gents, have decided join the online community of Bahraini wanna-be intellectual, nonsense-spewing, political critics.

Dear reader, if you still don't feel you know me like a brother by now , I'll add a brief list of people and places I like and people and places I hate (I never use hate lightly) so you can get the big picture.

  • I like: Hamad bin Isa, Riffa FC, and nice architecture (cuz Bahrain is full of shitty architecture and people with bad taste)
  • I hate: Khomeini, people that litter, and smutty hijab-wearers (It’s like the equation -1+1=0, doesn’t the smuttiness cancel out any religious basis for wearing it?)

No comments:

Post a Comment